This has proved to be a delightful app to use. I have been using it on an android system, the Samsung J5. This has quite a large screen and is ideal to use in the car. The voice is quite persistent with her reminders on when to make turns, but I didn't mind that. Not naggy at all. I think that in our A class Rapido it would be difficult to see the symbols on the screen, however, the route is a big thick green line and as I said with the insistence of the lady narrator you can listen where to go. It also has speed cameras and traffic loaded. Great value for money at £49.99 and definitely comparable to a traditional sat nav. There is however a minor negative. She doesn't anticipate all the mini roundabouts. Biggies are fine, just those pesky little ones that we have so many of. Anyway, a big thank you to CoPilot for giving me the opportunity to give it a go.
To use the sat nav simply enter in your vehicle or caravan dimensions and weight and CoPilot Caravan will automatically calculate an appropriate route, avoiding narrow or weight-restricted roads accordingly.
CoPilot Caravan key features:
- Premium quality maps of the whole of Europe (including UK) with details of height and weight-restricted roads
- Driver alerts to warn about upcoming hazards like sharp bends and cross winds
- Comprehensive pre-trip route planning
- Driver-friendly display to reduce distraction on long distance drives
- Less than 1/3 of the cost of a dedicated caravan/motorhome sat nav device
As with all CoPilot sat nav apps, maps are stored offline on your device so there's no need for a mobile internet connection or expensive data roaming abroad.
Price and Availability:
The app is available for Android smartphones and tablets through Google Play and it should be available for iphone and ipad users by now, but as I don't have these you'll have to look it up.