'The Motorhome...What You Need to Know, Before You Go'
Soon to be launched as an audiobook. Watch this space!
Buy a copy now...
Buy direct from Ali for just £6.99
Click the 'buy now' button on the right to pay with PayPal or click the image on the left to buy through Smashwords.
If you would like Ali to sign your copy contact her & fill out the form. Don't forget to include any relevant information such as a personalised message to go inside the book.
- 'The Motorhome...What You Need to Know, Before You Go.' Is available as a paperback for only £6.99 from Amazon or at Greentrees Adventurestore in Dereham. If your favourite bookstore doesn't stock it, you can quote the ISBN and order a copy.
- The ISBN is 978-0-9929612-4-4.
- If you like a digital book, it's also available in all e-book formats, not just for Kindle. Click here and download a free sample.
- More retailers (and books) on the way, so come back soon!
Buy Ali's book at Jarrold department store, Norwich; Greentrees Adventurestore, East Dereham and at the counter of Becketts Adventure Army Navy Store, Dereham Road, Norwich.
The Motorhome...What You Need to Know Before You Go
- This book could have an alternative sub-title - 'What They Wish They'd Known, Before They Set Off' because when Ali and Mike Kingston left the UK in their first motorhome, with the intention of living in it full-time they didn't have any of the information in this book.
- Subjects covered include; choosing a motorhome, everyday life, safety and security, where to stay, full-time living, how to manage on a budget and some coping strategies for sharing a confined space with a life partner. Ali has included bullet point lists to help you prioritise the important parts in life and her ideas inspire the uncertain to leave the rat race and live the dream.
- Ali has written this book to show anyone interested in a motorhome what it is like to own one and live in it. She has included everything she can think of, based on what she's done, and where she's been with Mike. She thought that the technical stuff could be a bit dull and has livened it up with forty personal photographs and a few anecdotes gathered during their years on the road.
- If you're interested in motorhomes for any reason; a friend may own one, you may be thinking of renting or buying one for a holiday or a road trip. Even if you're knowledgeable about motorhomes, you will still pick up useful tips.
There are over 90 web links included for continued research, you don't even need to leave your armchair to find out more.
On line courses with the Australian College of Journalism and The Open Colleges offer a variety of courses including fiction, non-fiction and travel writing.
Travel Writing Workshop
- If you're interested in taking your travel writing further, I attended one of Peter Carty's travel writing workshops in April 2012. The information I learned on the day has proved to be useful. The courses he offers are evolving all the time so its worth having a look at his website: http://www.travelwritingworkshop.co.uk/
- A surreptitious photo was taken of me that day that's it on the left. Peter is sitting between me and another attendee and no, I'm not picking my nose....
Written by one of the country's leading personal protection experts and motorhome enthusiast, look no further than The Motorhome Security Handbbook by James Brown to help stay safe on the road.